British Baptist Core Values
In 1998, the Baptist Union of Great Britain issued a statement setting out the 5 Core Values which it believed should characterise Baptists as they seek to be a Gospel people. These 5 Core Values are:
A Prophetic Community: Following Jesus in....
- Confronting evil, injustice, and hypocrisy.
- Challenging worldly concepts of power, wealth, status, and security.
An Inclusive Community: Following Jesus in....
- Transcending barriers of gender, language, race, class, age and culture.
- Identifying with those who are rejected, deprived, and powerless.
A Sacrificial Community: Following Jesus in....
- Accepting vulnerability and the necessity of sacrifice.
- Seeking to reflect the generous life-giving nature of God.
A Missionary Community: Following Jesus in....
- Demonstrating in word and action God's forgiving and healing love.
- Calling and enabling people to experience the love of God for themselves.
A Worshipping Community: Following Jesus in....
- Engaging in worship and prayer which inspire and undergird all we do and are.
- Exploring and expressing what it means to live together as the people of God, obeying his Word and following Christ in the whole of daily life.
More Information about Baptists